Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

World Of Maths

We were very fortunate that Mrs Cameron organised the World Of Maths to come to our kura.  The resources were set up in Te Whare Awhina.  Mrs Por, Miss Hadwin and myself grouped the students in mixed groups which had year 5, 6, 7, and 8 students.



image
There were 17 different hands on activities which students could choose from.  Students had to work in co-operative groups and use their maths strategies and problem solving skills to find the solutions to the puzzles and problems.


image

image

image

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Room 8, what a cool maths challenge. I would love to give my students in Room 5 at Tautoro School this opportunity. I like how you have explained what was happening and had photos to go with the post. It would have been awesome to read some students' reflections about the maths challenges. Would you invite the Worldof maths back to your school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Paihia School Room 8
    Wow it’s been awhile since I last saw your page and man has it got some great new posts! I just saw your post about the World of Maths and knew I had to comment about it. I really hope you found some new fun ways of learning maths or learnt new strategies and subjects of maths.


    In the photos of you playing the maths tasks you guys look like you're having a blast! Maths is one of my favourite subjects so I really wish I could’ve been there. I really want to know though if you guys had fun doing these tasks and what were your favourite ones to do?


    At Karoro many of us are at the business end of our primary years so it’s really exciting. I’ve been doing Maths badges and am 3 tasks off a super badge. What is a Super Badge you ask? Well hop over to my site http://karoromatthewr.blogspot.co.nz/ and you’ll find out! I’m really looking forward to more posts soon!


    Cheers
    Matthew

    ReplyDelete